Wednesday, February 18, 2015

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTENING


YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can not believe that I have not written a post in a year. In my mind it was only a moment ago that I sat down and wrote about the things that were on my mind.
Well, OK, enough about my lack of, shall we say tenacity. I love writing the blog, and somehow the time gets away, and what is news worthy and timely becomes staid and less than interesting.
Today and for the last week the only topic of conversation has been the weather. It is winter, and the last I checked winter is cold and yes there is often snow. The weather people in Columbus, don't really have major weather to discuss, so they sensationalize the possibilities of what the weather could be. And often the possibilities are not even in Columbus, but often north of us in Mansfield or in Mt. Vernon, or Utica. My geography is very bad, so I am not really even sure where these surrounding towns are, but what I do know is I don't live there. I live in Columbus, Ohio, the capitol of the state of Ohio, and since the TV station is located in Columbus, Columbus weather should be the lead city, whether the weather is interesting or not........how was that for a run on and on sentence.
Is this sensationalism of the weather any different from Brian Williams' faulty memory. Everyone just accepts the fact that the weather person never gets it right. Should we be comfortable with such low expectations? 
I had so wanted to post a picture of the hibiscus in my dining room that is in bloom, however, being techno impaired most of the time, I could not download the picture. It is a beautiful salmon color, and along with the hyacinths in the kitchen which have the most fabulous aroma I know Spring is not too far away. UPDATE...thanx to my tech savy, brilliant son, I now have the picture of the hibiscus.
These cold winter days are a great time to catch up on your reading.......I just finished reading "Flirting with French" by William Alexander. I am presently trying to learn to speak Spanish, and according to this book, a person my age will never become fluent in a foreign language. C'est la vie, but I am going to plod along the best I can. Regardless of my success I think it is good for my brain to be challenged.
LOVE THE PEOPLE WHO TREAT YOU RIGHT.......AND REMEMBER.......
PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS, AND STAY WARM.

No comments:

Post a Comment