Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To all the naysayers who spoke against the Downtown Commons(the previous location of CityCenter)......shame on you. Went to a free concert put on by Shadowbox Live on Sunday. The green space is lovely, including a carousel.
I am not good at estimating crowds, but I would guess that there were at least 2000 people enjoying a wonderful evening with great music. Families, young people, older people all came together to enjoy Back to the Garden (a Woodstock reflection).
Speaking of the garden, so glad that I am back in my garden. The last few days have been incredible that I have, almost, forgotten that horrible winter, the emphasis on Almost. When I was recently whining to a friend about my out of control weeds, she said "oh , but you love doing the garden" I quickly corrected her that I love the garden, but who loves weeding. With reflection, it is the garden itself that I love, not so much the gardening. I treat the garden as another space that I can decorate, but since, as my niece would say, I do not have "peeps" to do the garden, I am the gardener.
I am passionate that I can go out to the garden, as I did this morning, and pick fresh flowers for the house................
it just doesn't get any better than this.

Well, I just had 30 bags of mulch delivered, and as I mentioned there are no peeps to do the work, so it's out to the garden for me.
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.......Put on your Pearls girls, and have a grand day.

















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment