Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A FASCINATION WITH THE FASCINATOR..............
I went to a bridal shower, high tea, over the weekend, and it was suggested that the guests wear hats. I really didn't give it much thought, because there was no way I was going to wear a hat. I don't own a hat, and the reason I don't own a hat is that I don't look good in a hat.
The day before the shower I was speaking with a friend who said she was wearing a fascinator. A fascinator, well a fascinator is an accessory I can do. The wheels started turning, and I remembered that I happened to have many "cupcake" headbands........doesn't everyone. Actually I had purchased these headbands with large cupcakes on them for all my friends, and myself, who are celebrating a "medicare" birthday this year.
On with the fascinator........I used tulle, mini rosebuds from my garden and lavender. I made one for myself and one for my friend Denise. It is so wonderful having a friend who doesn't question wearing a cupcake fascinator, but embraces the thought. I think we looked fabulous, and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed having it on my head. Europeans have such a sense of style, and gracious way of dressing.
The fascinator was originally designed in the 1700's, and in the last five years has taken center stage with the Royals and Hollywood wearing it to red carpet and sporting events.
PEARLS ARE PRECIOUS, BUT FRIENDSHIPS ARE PRICELESS, SO PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS......... AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a keeper...maybe something we can wear o the holidays!?

    ReplyDelete