Monday, May 20, 2013

Time waits for no man.........and believe me it doesn't wait for anyone who has a garden. Last week we were having frost warnings, and yesterday my garden was beyond lush and overgrown.
I worked cleaning, schlepping, weeding for 7 hours, and to say that there is not a muscle in my body that is not crying today. My husband joined in the "festivities" half way through, and he was beyond a lifesaver. I was having a breakdown, and Alan saved the day, he saved me. I know that he hates manual labor, and could care less about my garden, but believe me no one does a better job.
My friend, Denise, suggested I hire someone to help................I would love to hire someone, but can't seem to get anyone to show up. The average garden worker wants $20-35/hr. and I can't find some one to help me......and I do mean help, because I am glad to work along to get the job done. Last year I had my dog walker help me, $20/hr. and she made it very clear that one day was more than enough, and she would not be doing this again. It isn't that there are no jobs available, it is that no wants to do the available jobs.
I will get everything done, and now because of my hubby I can breathe, and see that there is an end in sight.
We built a new garage, and somehow I lost a place for my potting bench, which was also causing angst, but I was able to create a potting area right in the garden, and I even have room for my garden angel, who of course is dressed appropriately with her pearls.
Speaking of pearls, Shop Hop was a success, and there are now more "girls" who can put on their new pearls.......so enjoy the day, and PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS

No comments:

Post a Comment