Wednesday, May 9, 2012

AND LET THE GARDEN SEASON BEGIN

Peonies, and roses and weeds OH MY.....today was my first day in the garden, and it is a garden gone awry. It is not exactly weeds, because my son Jason, always tells me that weeds are only things that you don't want in your garden. Call them what you want....... due to the lack of a deep frost and cold this winter the garden looks like greens on steroids. I have day lilies and spider's wort growing everywhere in thick dense clumps. A little is lovely, even more is OK, but this is over the top. The day lilies have taken over everything. As I was thinning the lilies I found star gazer lilies that were being dwarfed, and roses that were being strangled.
The stone paths that the garden pixies follow were lost in the jungle, and my hydrangeas were one sunny day from being choked and smothered.
Well one small area is now clear, and the rest awaits the "weedinator"......in the famous words of Scarlet O'Hara, tomorrow is another day.
On a positive political thought, thank-you President Obama for supporting gay and lesbian unions.......if only the political powers would call this a civil union, and not a marriage, the church would be removed from the discussion, and people could live their lives as they choose.
I feel as though I should comment about the nonsense conversation regarding Hillary's hair, little make-up and glasses, but what is there to say. An attractive woman, not so much, and should she care more about her appearance.......she is beyond brilliant, and she was dressed nicely, so does it matter......well it shouldn't, I know in my head that it shouldn't matter, but would a bit of mascara, blush and even a ponytail be asking too much. I applaud Hillary for being comfortable in her own skin, but being a woman with bad hair as I am, does she need long locks.....Hil, think about Judi Dench, and consider a short do. It is easy, always looks good and ready to go.
Well the evening is fleeing quickly, and I have a book, The Paris Wife, to finish before my copy of 50 Shades of Grey arrives.
........THERE ARE EXACTLY AS MANY SPECIAL OCCASIONS IN LIFE AS WE CHOOSE TO CELEBRATE.......SO PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS AND HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment