Thursday, October 24, 2013

THE FROST IS ON THE PUMPKIN.......
The weather has been so crazy this last month, but today it is cold and gray, and I am thinking a bad winter lies ahead. The garden peeps showed up today to trim back the ivy from the house, which makes my husband a happy man. There is much clean up to be done, and a brick walk to be laid, but I am happy that there is a beginning today.
Halloween is next week, and to get everyone in the mood I am sharing a story and picture by my friend Kathy Hooper, who writes the most wonderful stories about 2 frogs, Francoise and Nibs. I took Francoise to Paris with me in January, and I do believe she did have a wonderful time.
I ASKED FOR ALL THINGS THAT I MIGHT ENJOY LIFE....
I WAS GIVEN LIFE SO THAT I MIGHT ENJOY ALL THINGS..........PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL  DAY                             
       A Halloween Clue
   From the Collection of short stories
     “The Little Green Gang”
        By Kathleen Hooper
               
          It was mid October in the Sonoran Desert.  Daylight had grown shorter and the evenings were much cooler.  Fall had definitely arrived.
          Many homes were decorated with dazzling orange and black lights and all sorts of spooky things.  This meant one special thing to Nibs. Halloween was coming!
          Farley would definitely be a cowboy but Nibs couldn’t quite decide. He loved writing poetry and thought it would be fun to give Farley some clues about his decision.   

             The Little Ghosts

                   By Nib
 Five little ghosts were sitting in a tree
      Two fell off and that left three
     Another little ghost decided to jump

 Landing in the leaves with a soft ker-plunk!

     Two little ghosts remained in the tree
  With a lighted pumpkin bright as could be
     They sat and sat waiting patiently
       For a special little ghost…me.

 Can you guess what I’ve decided to be

            Happy Halloween







 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment