Monday, July 8, 2013



It is always good to come home to the garden.

GIRL IN WHITE DRESS

Speaking of coming home, I feel I must address a concern of mine regarding Facebook.
I don't really understand Facebook....millions of people have vapid, empty discourse with relative strangers, and long lost friends, about their daily activities, which are not all that vital nor interesting. Although I do see the importance of Facebook as a marketing tool for businesses.
The possibilities of connection with potential and existing customers is limitless. However setting that aside, I think people need to be cognizant when they post messages speaking of either their whereabouts or that of a friend, they are creating a certain vulnerability.
It is wonderful to wish a person happy voyage, but I feel this should be done in a more private circumstance. If you are going on vacation, or a friend is going away, I would suggest that reference to this is not posted on Facebook. It is unfortunate that one needs to be concerned about their safety, and the safety of their possessions, but this is the world we inhabit, and too much information is just too much information. Share your travel pictures, just do it when you get home, not while you are away........
ALL GARDENING IS LANDSCAPE PAINTING.......SO PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS AND ENJOY THE DAY


 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home. I agree...facebook is a concern to me as well. It's a different world we live in today...a very sad one when we don't pick up a phone to contact a friend and just say "hi" or offer other conversation. It's just different. But...we do pick up a phone and that makes me a happy person.

    ReplyDelete