Saturday, May 1, 2010




We had a beautiful April, which flew by, and today is the first of May. It is gently raining today, and turning the garden ever so green. I don't remember my garden being this lush, and green this early. I really have little room for any planting, but I am anxious to plant my pots with bright red geraniums and brilliant blue hydrangeas.
Mother's Day is next Sunday which is usually the date I use for planting annuals, however in Columbus, Ohio, do we really ever know when mother superior, AKA Mother Nature, will decide that one last frost is due. The adirondak chair was made by Todd Rosen 10 years ago, and given to me for Mother's Day. Does it get any better than a handcrafted gift from a son, and the garden.
Speaking of Mother's Day, nothing says I love you Mom like a string of pearls. Girls Wear Pearls has some lovely new designs done with czech glass pearls, and mother of pearl beads which are the softest, most lovely irredescent color of gray.
Have a great week-end..........to be happy, don't do whatever you like, like whatever you do, and remember to PUT ON YOUR PEARLS GIRLS.




1 comment:

  1. Spring is a wonderful time...if only I can get my hydrangas blooming. The peonies are ready to burst and the lilacs are starting to form. If only I had better soil to plant things that I love...but I'm going to do something about that. But spring is my most favorite time and I only wish it would last longer. But I'll take whatever time it gives me....Happy Mother's Day to you all!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete