Friday, September 4, 2009

When I was at work today, someone asked a customer if it was a nice day, to which she replied that it was fine......fine, it is a glorious day today, no humidity, sunshine and 80*. What does it take for a person to appreciate the simple things in life. Have we all become so blase' and focused on rushing here and there that we don't see the beauty in each day.

It was a toss-up whether I write about the gorgeous hydrangeas from my garden or the stupidity of some school districts refusing to air the President's address to school children, and since it is magnificent out today, this last holiday week-end of the summer, I am writing about flowers and will discuss "ignorance" next week.

I just came in from picking hydrangeas from my garden, and I can not put into words how exquisite they are. The colors blend from sage to periwinkle to rose with the tiniest little dots in the center that resemble delicate seed pearls.

My suggestion to you is "put on your pearls" and take a stroll outside, and if anyone ever questions if there is a power greater than ourselves, please be reminded of Mother Nature and her creations of summer.

Have a great Holiday week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment